PLEASE READ THESE POLICY CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Who we are and how to contact us
qltsosce.co.uk is a site operated by LEOPINION PTE. LTD, Reg No 201804437K, 21C Simei Street 4, #09-50 Double Bay Residence, Singapore 528720, trading under the name OSCE SMART or qltsosce.co.uk ("We").
To contact us, please email [email protected]
Who you are or to whom we provide our products. Our user is a natural person, who is a candidate for the QLTS OSCE exam (“You”).
Practice - practical training for the QLTS OSCE exam in form of online mock exam for interview, advocacy and legal research, which is subject to the Booking Policy displaced at the qltsosce.co.uk website;
Practice Areas – Business law, Law of Property, Probate, Civil Litigation and Criminal Litigation;
Product(s) - Services and books, manuals, webinars and other as may be from time to time amended;
Service(s) – as defined in clause 3.1 (a) and (b) of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SUPPLY also referred as ‘OSCE SMART Services’;
QLTS MCT exam – as defined at https://qlts.kaplan.co.uk/the-assessment/mct
QLTS OSCE exam - as defined at https://qlts.kaplan.co.uk/the-assessment/osce
Theory - theoretical guidance part for self-preparation for the QLTS OSCE exam by means of digital content, consisting of mp4 video lectures, Microsoft Word or PDF Attachments.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, we are the data controller.
Information we collect from you
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site qltsosce.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our OSCE SMART Service, place an order on our site, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph, details of your qualification, dates when you expect to attend the QLTS OSCE exam.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for' page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
Please note we treat all the information regarding your preparation and training for QLTS OSCE exam as strictly confidential and we shall not disclose your personal information - including information you provided us with in course of the preparation, your preparation results and grades and other data- to any other QLTS OSCE training provider, to the Assessment Organisation or the Regulator. However, we reserve our right to refuse the service at any stage of your preparation if we identify a reasonable risk of breach of the SRA Code of Conduct or other dishonest behaviour.
The legal bases for using your personal information
We will only collect and process your personal data when we have lawful bases for doing so. These lawful bases include when you provide us consent to processing; when we have a contractual obligation to collect or process your personal data, or in order to take steps prior to entering into a contract; compliance with a legal obligation to which we are the subject; purposes of our legitimate interests, i.e. providing services to you and developing a business, supporting a website and carrying out marketing activities.
If the use of your personal information is based on your consent, you may revoke it any time by giving us notification or deleting your account. Please be aware that your refuse to provide requested personal information may cause our inability to provide you proper Services.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts/orders entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you;
- to notify you about changes to our Products;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we will provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If our business is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you use forums and collective chat rooms, Google classrooms on OSCE Smart, you should be aware that such information may be read, collected and used by other users. OSCE Smart is not responsible for access to or use of personal information you choose to submit or share with others.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You may exercise the following data protection rights: the right of deletion, the right to amend or rectify your personal data, the right to object to the use of your personal data, the right to restrict processing of your data, the right of access, and the right of portability.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]
In order to exercise these rights and/or obtain further information about personal data processing, you may contact us at [email protected]
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
We will take appropriate steps to delete any personal information of persons less than 13 years of age that has been collected without verified parental consent upon learning of the existence of such information.
We will keep your personal information for as long as needed or permitted in order to perform the Services for which it was obtained and in consistency with applicable law.
Links to other websites
To contact our GDPR representative, please email [email protected] (Ms Rivero (UK) and Mr Kurganetskyi (EU)).